Dear friends, we would like to introduce our new online training - BPMN Basics. The training comprises all the information you always wanted to know, but were afraid to ask about such a well-known notation as BPMN, or Business Process Model and Notation.
In general, BPMN is a notation system to model business processes. It is one of the most popular approaches to illustrate business processes in companies. Now this notation is used to describe banking processes in insurance, logistics and many other industries that have a complex business function and a lot of participants. Not only does this notation depicts a happy flow, but it is also used to illustrate all possible exceptional situations of the process in one diagram.
It is used both for software development, and to analyze and improve real business processes in companies. Developed by the Business Process Management Initiative (BPMI) it is supported by the Object Management Group.
How will it be organized?
The course will consist of 2 classes and will be held online at convenient time on the weekend from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. on September 2 and 3.
- The training plan comprises the basic structural elements of the notation, with examples and explanations.
- Additionally, there will be homework and testing, as this will allow you to memorize as much of this training as possible.
- In addition, you will receive a video recording of each lesson.
Our course is going to help you!
This short training will be useful for learning and developing practical skills in creating diagrams with BPMN notation, and in particular, it will be useful for:
- business analysts and product managers, as it will enable them to analyze their client's business process and to generate AS IS and TO BE as business processes, considering the optimal solution based on a detailed analysis of the bottlenecks in the existing process;
- process consultants, for whom it is crucial to understand client's processes; it will allow them to clearly understand the specifics of business processes in and of themselves and will teach them correct visualization based on best practices;
- project managers, developers, QA Engineers, and all involved in the software development process, because it is the understanding of business processes that allows you to create products that meet the needs of a company and its departments.
1. Flow objects
- Events and event types
- Varieties of logical operators (Gateways)
2. Connecting objects
- Sequence flow
- Message flow
3. Roles / Swimlanes
- Data (Data object)
- Examples of creating a chart